Prague Philharmonic Choir celebrated 50th anniversary of its first public performance with a concert in the Rudolfinum in Prague conducted by its internationally renowned choirmaster Josef Veselka and his successor Lubomír Mátl. A radio broadcast on 8 January 1935 was the very first performance of the choir that was later established as an integral part of the Czechoslovak Radio. The original name of the ensemble was the Choir of the Radiojournal. For a short while, the choir performed under the name of the Czechoslovak Choir which was changed to Czech Choir immediately after Hitler's occupation of Czechoslovakia. The name was changed once again in 1969 to its present form, the Prague Philharmonic Choir.